In a written paper of 1,200-1,500 words, apply the concepts of epidemiology and nursing research to a communicable disease.
Communicable Disease Selection
Choose one communicable disease from the following list:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Hepatitis B
Epidemiology Paper Requirements
Include the following in your assignment:
- Description of the communicable disease (causes, symptoms, mode of transmission, complications, treatment) and the demographic of interest (mortality, morbidity, incidence, and prevalence).
- Describe the determinants of health and explain how those factors contribute to the development of this disease.
- Discuss the epidemiologic triangle as it relates to the communicable disease you have selected. Include the host factors, agent factors (presence or absence), and environmental factors. (The textbook describes each element of the epidemiologic triangle).
- Explain the role of the community health nurse (case finding, reporting, data collecting, data analysis, and follow-up).
- Identify at least one national agency or organization that addresses the communicable disease chosen and describe how the organization(s) contributes to resolving or reducing the impact of disease.
A minimum of three references is required.
Refer to “Communicable Disease Chain” and “Chain of Infection” for assistance completing this assignment.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
The topic I choose is TUBERCULOSIS
Rubric: This is the contents of the rubric, please check it in its entirely. THIS IS HOW YOUR PAPER/POINTS ARE GRADED.
Its at the top right of the assignment link . View Rubrics
- Comprehensive Description of a Communicable Disease and the Demographic of Interest
- Determinants of Health and Explanation of How Determinants Contribute to Disease Development
- Epidemiologic Triangle (Host Factors, Agent Factors, and Environmental Factors)
- Role of the Community Health Nurse
- National Agency or Organization That Works to Addresses Communicable Disease
- Thesis Development and Purpose
- Paragraph Development and Transitions
- Mechanics of Writing (includes spelling, punctuation, grammar, language use)
- Paper Format: Template
- Research Citations (In-text citations for paraphrasing and direct quotes, and reference page listing and formatting, as appropriate to assignment)