I NEED A POSITIVE COMMENT BASED IN THIS ARGUMENT..BETWEEN 150-200 WORDS
Principalism is often refer to as the four principles approach to biomedical ethics which was originally developed by Thomas Beauchamp and James Childress (GCU, 2015). The four principle which includes autonomy, non-maleficence, beneficence and justice have been the core of modern discussion and debate because giving favorable importance to autonomy. In my own opinion, I would rank the four principles as follows;
- Autonomy – because I respect for the autonomy of my patient’s right, in the sense that the patient has the capacity to act intentionally, with understanding, and without controlling influences that would mitigate against a free and voluntary act. This principle is the basis for the practice of “informed consent” of our patient in any medical procedure they undertake (McCormick & Min, 2015).
- Nonmaleficence – As a nurse, we have the duty and responsibility to cause no harm in our patient. Although as human, we are also bound to commit mistake This principle affirms the need for medical competence and fundamental commitment on our part to protect our patients from harm.
- Beneficence – As a health care providers, we have a duty to be of a benefit to the patient, as well as to take positive steps to prevent and to remove harm from the patient. These duties are rational and self-evident and are widely accepted as primary goals of medicine.
- Justice – As a nurse, we have the moral obligation to treat patient with respect and equally regardless of ethnicity, identity, race, age, gender, status, diagnosis and ability to pay.
As believer of God, I would have more emphasis of helping other people and do no harm to them and employs the right and just in making decision. As Christian, I would rank the four principles of ethics in the context of the Christian biblical narrative as follows;
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Beneficence – Following god’s teaching to love and help others who are in need because in every person represent God’ image. I think, this is most important teaching in Gospel of God.
- Nonmaleficence- As a Christian, we also taught not to cause no harm to other and all his creations,
- Justice – Gospel of the Lord, teach us not to cheat and be corrupted by materials things and be fair and just to everything we do as according to his teaching.
- Autonomy – Although, God gave people autonomy and independence to choose in verything we do, but it also commanded us to do what is right and just according to His commandments.
Grand Canyon University. (2015). Biomedical ethics in the Christian Narrative. Retrieved from http://www.https://lc-ugrad1.gcu.edu/learningPlatform/user/
Thomas R. McCormick, D Min., (2015). Principles of Bioethics. Retrieved June 06, 2017, from http://depts.washington.edu/bioethx/tools/princpl.html