Assignment 1: Differentiate the Major Regulatory Restrictions on NP Practice.
Depending on location, NPs have scopes of practice that are regulated by state laws, boards of nursing, boards of medicine and reimbursement. There are several sources of restrictions to NP practice such as state laws. Federal regulations include who may prescribe controlled substances and which substances NPs can prescribe as well as the various reimbursement agencies. It is essential that the NP be fully informed of what they are allowed to do by law (state and federal) or by other regulatory organizations. These regulations vary widely from state to state. Consequences of practicing outside your scope of practice may be anything from a fine, suspension or revocation of your license, civil lawsuit, or even criminal charges.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Use the provided template to compare and contrast the three major regulatory practice models for NPs: Supervisory, Collaborative, and Independent. This Assignment requires credible and up to date resources for each category. Include in each model at least one state that represents the scope of practice you are discussing. For example, Florida requires a supervisory relationship with a physician along with a practice agreement, formulary, and protocols. Because Florida does not allow any controlled substances to be prescribed by NPs, the DEA will not issue a license to prescribe these medications. In order to apply and receive a DEA license to prescribe controlled substances, you must be approved by the state you are practicing in to prescribe these medications.
To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment, please visit the Grading Rubrics section of the Course Home.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above)
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Home) to make sure you have included everything necessary
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.)
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics
- use APA 6th Edition format for organization, style, and crediting sources. Refer to the APA Progression Ladder.
USE THE ATTACHED RUBRIC AND TEMPLATE TO COMPLETE THE ASSIGNMENT. FOR ONE STATE YOU MUST INCLUDE ALABAMA. RESOURCES MUST BE NO OLDER THAN 3 YEARS!!!!!!!