Data Sources and Nursing Contributions
For this discussion, you will:
- Select a particular patient care issue in your practice area that you would like to research at some point in your career. (TOPIC- Pediatric home health care. In the home setting there is only one nurse available, so apart from calling 911, the nurse is essentially on her own.)
- Use that particular patient care issue as a point of reference for this discussion.
- Identify 4–6 data elements that you have access to as a clinician or as an employee of the organization.
- Identify the scales of measurement for each of the data elements that you have mentioned (for example, blood pressure data from the patient record would be ratio measurement; gender of the patient would be nominal measurement). If you are uncertain, use the definitions in the Understanding Nursing Research text, Chapter 10, as your guide.
- Describe which of the data elements might be dependent upon various types of technologies, such as monitoring devices, telecommunications, or data archives.
- Conclude your post with your view on how nurses at the bedside can participate in data collection, and what bedside nurses would need to be in-serviced about in order to participate with a Nurse Researcher on a team to carry out a study involving direct patient care.
Your initial post should be about 150 words. Use at least one APA-formatted reference
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now