Unit outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
- Identify the goals and types of needs assessments.
- Explain how needs assessments are conducted using one or more needs assessment models.
- Identify the key components of advance planning and organizing for a community needs assessment.
- Complete an assessment of health priorities among the target population based upon epidemiological data.
- Discuss various methods of data collection for epidemiologic data.
- Identify and describe the importance of secondary data.
Course outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
HW425-2: Identify key constituents involved in designing health and wellness programs. HW425-3:Discuss administrative tasks, functions, and responsibilities in designing and administering health and wellness programs.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
This is a two-part Assignment. Both parts of the Assignment are due at the end of Unit 2. Submit both parts of the Assignment in one document to the Unit 2 Dropbox.
Part 1 of the Assignment should be approximately 2â4 pages in length, written in essay format and include appropriate supporting citations and references in APA format. Create one reference page for both parts 1 and 2.
Part 1: Review a local needs assessment.
Locate, read, and critique a health needs assessment that has been performed for your community or county.
Within the Assignment, address the following points:
- Identify the community being assessed.
- Identify the agency that took the lead role in performing the assessment (i.e. was it a hospital, health department, insurer, etc.) and discuss their interest or stake in the community. Also describe the any partners identified within the assessment as stakeholders or members of coalition (advisory committee).
- Describe the process or model used to conduct the assessment. If the model is not specified, use your knowledge of models of needs assessments to make a determination. Support your conclusion.
- Describe the main conclusions and/or health priorities identified by the assessment.
- Briefly address the extent to which the needs assessment reflects the nine-step World Health Organization (WHO) framework presented in the text.
- Conclude part one of the assignment by critiquing the assessment and its conclusion. Use data to support your critique.
Part 2: Perform a Mini-Needs Assessment for your community.
Part 2 of the Assignment should be approximately 2â4 pages in length, written in essay format and include appropriate supporting citations and references in APA format. Create one reference page for both parts 1 and 2.
Address the following points:
- Identify the community or county.
- Describe the demographic and socioeconomic profile of your community or county based on US census data.
- Identify one or more sub-groups within the population as the target population for your health program.
- For the sub-group(s) chosen, use epidemiological data to identify one or two health issues that should be considered priorities for intervention. Provide relevant statistics, such as morbidity and mortality rates, to support your choice(s).
- Describe at least three sources of data that provide information about the overall quality of life within your community.
- Discuss quality of life in your community based on the data sources you identified. Frame your response based upon the concepts of âbeing, belonging, and becomingâ described in the text.
- Explain the concept of âcommunity capacityâ and its relationship to the needs assessment.
- Describe the steps you would take to evaluate community capacity in your area.
- Conclude with a summary of the target population that addresses sociodemographic information and the health priority area(s) that will be the focus of the community-based health promotion program you complete in the Final Project.