M2 Assignment 2 Submiss
Assignment 2: Diagnostic Case Reports
Click here to go to the Faces of Abnormal Psychology website. There, you will see twelve different disorders listed. For this module, view the following disorders:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Borderline Personality Disorder
· Substance Use
After clicking a disorder, click the Diagnostic Overview tab in the left column. This will cover the major diagnostic features of the disorder. After that, click the DSM-5 Features tab. You can then go though the Case History, Interview, and Treatment sections on the website. Finally, in the Assessment section, you can complete an optional multiple-choice quiz. You have to write a case report for each case study. You should use the format provided on the web page. There is a sample report that you can also view by clicking the link in the upper-right corner.
The format for the sample report is as follows:
Your Name Instructor’s Name Class/Section Number
· Outline the major symptoms of this disorder.
· Briefly outline the client’s background (age, race, occupations, etc.).
· Describe any factors in the client’s background that might predispose him or her to this disorder.
· Describe any symptoms that you have observed that support the diagnosis. You can include direct quotes or behaviors that you may have observed.
· Describe any symptoms or behaviors that are inconsistent with the diagnosis.
· Provide any information that you have about the development of this disorder.
· Did you observe any evidence of general medical conditions that might contribute to the development of this disorder?
· Did you observe any evidence of psychosocial and environmental problems that might contribute to this disorder?
· As per your observations, what is the client’s overall level of safety regarding the potential harm to self or others (suicidality or homicidality)?
· What cross-cultural issues, if any, affect the differential diagnosis?
· In your opinion, what are the appropriate short-term goals of this intervention?
· In your opinion, what are the appropriate long-term goals of this intervention?
· Which therapeutic strategy seems the most appropriate in this case? Why?
· Which therapeutic modality seems the most appropriate in this case? Why?