Consider the following scenario:
- You are working as an advanced practice nurse at a community health clinic. You make an error when prescribing a drug to a patient. You do not think the patient would know that you made the error, and it certainly was not intentional.
- Consider the ethical implications of disclosure and nondisclosure.
- Research federal and state laws for advanced practice nurses. Reflect on the legal implications of disclosure and nondisclosure for you and the health clinic.
- Consider what you would do as the advanced practice nurse in this scenario including whether or not you would disclose your error.
- Review the Institute for Safe Medication Practices website in the Learning Resources. Consider the process of writing prescriptions. Think about strategies to avoid medication errors.
By Day 7
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Write a 2- to 3- page paper that addresses the following:
- Explain the ethical and legal implications of disclosure and nondisclosure. Be sure to reference laws specific to your state.
- Describe what you would do as the advanced practice nurse in this scenario including whether or not you would disclose your error. Provide your rationale.
- Explain the process of writing prescriptions including strategies to minimize medication errors.