The PPACA of 2010
PPACA of 2010 brought many changes to the types of provider organizations available. ACOs and PCMHs are two new organizations formed under PPACA. Using the readings this week, discuss the origin, structure, and purpose of the new organizations formed under PPACA.
Using South University Online Library (for example, CINAHL) or the Internet, search any three articles from the list below and evaluate the challenges and opportunities facing payers and providers as ACOs and PCMHs are implemented:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- The patient-center medical home and managed care: Times have changed, some components have not (Baird, 2011).
- Patient-centered medical homes: Will health care reform provide new options for rural communities and providers? (Bolin, Gamm, Vest, Edwardson, & Miller, 2011)
- Accountable Care Organizations: The case for flexible partnerships between health plans and providers (Goldsmith, 2011).
- Payment reform for primary care within the accountable care organization a critical issue for health system reform (Goroll & Schoenbaum, 2012).
- Accountable care organizations, the patient-centered medical home, and health care reform: What does it all mean? (Longworth, 2011)
- Implementing accountable care organizations: Ten potential mistakes and how to learn from them (Singer & Shortell, 2011).
Based on your research, summarize your findings on the selected topics and compile your observations in a 5- to 6-page Microsoft Word document.
Support your responses with examples.
Cite any sources in APA format.