To complete this discussion, first explore the Federal and State Issues pages of the ACA Web site, from this unit’s studies and in the Resources for this discussion. Read about the various federal policy issues that the ACA is currently working toward changing. Additionally, review the issues listed on the AMHCA’s Policy Agenda Web page. Then, in your post, complete the following:
- Select and describe one issue of interest. Identify public policies on the local, state, and national levels that affect the quality and accessibility of mental health services.
- Describe advocacy processes needed to address institutional and social barriers that impede access, equity, and success for clients.
- Search the Internet to determine who else might be advocating for or against this specific policy, and list these organizations.
- Discuss why the organizations you identified may or may not be advocating in the same manner as clinical mental health counselors.
- Explain why it is important to support counselor advocacy and influence public policy and government relations on local, state, and national levels to enhance equity, increase funding, and promote programs that affect the practice of clinical mental health counseling.
Support your ideas by citing readings and Web resources from this unit, using APA style.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Respond to at least two of your peers who have identified an issue of interest that differs from yours. Comment on what you can take away from reading their post that will help you develop your own skills in advocating for the profession.
This activity will help you achieve the following learning components:
- Search the Internet to determine who else might be advocating for or against a specific policy, and list these organizations.
- Compare how the organizations you identified may or may not be advocating in the same manner as clinical mental health counselors.