I have attached an example. Please no plagiarism.
Assignment: Infidelity and Divorce
FAt first glance, infidelity, separation, and divorce are issues that seemingly only relate to the couple involved, but these issues can impact all members of a family. Infidelity, separation, and divorce can affect the emotional and psychological development of children and create discord in extended families. However, the long-term implications for families that face these issues may be mitigated through appropriate counseling interventions.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
It is important that you, as a future marriage, couple, and family counselor, use research to help you to select the right interventions for families going through infidelity, separation, and divorce. For this Assignment, you consider factors that contribute to the development of infidelity, separation, and divorce. Then, you examine evidence-based interventions.
- Review the article, “Outcomes of couples with infidelity in a community-based sample of couple therapy.” Consider the intervention strategies used and consider how the choice of intervention strategy affects the outcomes.
- Review the other articles provided in this week’s resources. Consider the methods for addressing infidelity and related family issues in these cases. Think about the factors that contribute to infidelity in marriages and with couples.
Reflect on how infidelity and divorce could affect various members of a family, including children and the extended family of each partner.
Write your paper on infidelity and divorce and related family issues, using the instructions below as a guide:
- Describe factors that contribute to the development of infidelity, separation, or divorce. Provide an example of each.
- Describe two evidence-based interventions you might use to address these factors and explain why these interventions would be effective.
Submit your paper by Day 7.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.
Suggested length: 2–3 pages, not including title and references.
- Gladding, S. T. (2015). Family therapy: History, theory, and practice. (6th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
- Chapter 15, “Working with Substance-Related Disorders, Domestic Violence, and Child Abuse”
- Atkins, D. C., Marín, R. A., Lo, T. T. Y., Klann, N., & Hahlweg, K. (2010). Outcomes of couples with infidelity in a community-based sample of couple therapy. Journal of Family Psychology, 24(2), 212–216. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases
- Balderrama-Durbin, C. M., Allen, E. S., & Rhoades, G. K. (2012). Demand and withdraw behaviors in couples with a history of infidelity. Journal of Family Psychology, 26(1), 11–17. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases
- Perilla, J. L., Vasquez Serrata, J.,, Weinberg, J., & Lippy, C. A. (2012). Integrating women’s voices and theory: A comprehensive domestic violence intervention for Latinas. Women & Therapy, 35(1-2), 93–105. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases
- Schade, L. C., & Sandberg, J. G. (2012). Healing the attachment injury of marital infidelity using emotionally focused couples therapy: A case illustration. The American Journal of Family Therapy, 40(5), 434–444. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases
- Schaeffer, C. M., Swenson, C. C., Tuerk, E. H., & Henggeler, S. W. (2013). Comprehensive treatment for co-occurring child maltreatment and parental substance abuse: Outcomes from a 24-month pilot study of the MST-Building Stronger Families program. Child Abuse & Neglect, 37(8), 596–607. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases